Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snare Change Idea

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gleebuck

Gleebuck

Snare Change Idea Empty
PostSubject: Snare Change Idea   Snare Change Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 7:45 am

So, due to a recent incident with this technique. I believe Snare should be a single target technique, either as a single direction projectile or as a homing one. As it is, it appears to just be a reskinned Time Freeze. In addition, I think its drain should be lessened immensely, but it should get a more specific formula for breaking out of it quicker, such as energy or force versus strength. Maybe remove the charging rule for it and instead replace it with a cooldown of sorts (I.E. use Snare, you wait four-six turns, then can use it again) to further differentiate from Freeze.

If you add the formulae to break out, it should start with a base amount of time stuck in it, then for every 10% greater your strength is over the Commander's force or energy, it takes off a small amount. I.E. It starts as a 15 second bind, you have 50% more strength, it drops to 10 seconds. However, the reverse could also be applied, but in a smaller amount, such as 1 second for every 20% force or energy you have over the person's strength.

The ruling for it could be modified to provide clarity as to how it should work, too. For example, if the target is bound for 13-15 or more seconds, it's two combat rounds, but if it's under that amount, it's one.
Back to top Go down
Ranko

Ranko

Byond Key(s) : RankoChan

Snare Change Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snare Change Idea   Snare Change Idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2015 1:51 pm

I personally have no idea on Time Freeze as I do not recall the ability every being a part of this code. Perhaps it was before my time. Right now Snare was made to trap anyone around the person who uses it and the breakout is determined by i believe resistance of the one captured vs a formula using i think two stats from the person who used it.

Your idea is possible as for if it will be modified as such that will be up to Promo.
Back to top Go down

Snare Change Idea
Page 1 of 1